Eden to Addo wishes you, the family of Great Corridor Hikers, friends and funders the fulfillment of your dreams for 2019.
Over 50% of the dream to connect the Garden of Eden to Addo Elephant National Park has been realized, officially protected, allowing free movement of all species – just think, leopard, buffalo, eland, bushbuck and all the little associated creatures and plants. Time has proven that we are on the right track – as Pașca Palmer, executive secretary of the UN Convention on Biological Diversity says “The loss of biodiversity is a silent killer.“ It’s different from climate change, where people feel the impact in everyday life. With biodiversity, it is not so clear but by the time you feel what is happening, it may be too late. Fragmentation of the landscape is the biggest killer, conservation corridors are the answer.
If you would like to get involved in our dream and make a positive impact on biodiversity then please click here for our photo album or make a plan to do one of 5 things:
- Enter the 2019 Eden to Addo Great Corridor Hike
- Help us identify which red data species occur within the corridor area
- Buy a stunning property in the corridor that we can declare a nature reserve or protected environment – our next big thrust is in the Springbokvlakte area filled with …. Springbok (and many other species). Read about possible fiscal benefits for nature reserves declared by Eden to Addo.
- Whatsapp me at 0827713744 for a coffee
- If you’re not interested in any of the above then just please make a donation (we love monthly ones so we don’t need to hassle you all the time) and we will do the work – but it has to be done!
Warmest regards from Joan and the Eden to Addo team